Bai Dinh pagoda is a large population known as many records such as: the largest pagoda of Vietnam, the biggest gold – plated copper of Asia and the longest lobby in Asia. The pagoda is located at the western of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, belonging to Gia Sinh commune, Ninh Binh. It is far about 15 kilometers from Ninh Binh province and 95 kilometers from Hanoi. Bai Dinh Pagoda population has the area of 539 hectares including 27 hectares of ancient Bai Dinh pagoda, 80 hectares of new Bai Dinh area.
More than 1000 years ago, in Ninh Binh, there have 3 dynasties: Dinh, Tien Le, Ly. Three dynasties are very interested in Buddhism and Buddhism and used Buddhism as the state religion so that in Ninh Binh, there has many ancient pagodas, including Bai Dinh pagoda in the Dinh Mountain.
The population of Bai Dinh pagoda includes ancient pagoda area and a new pagoda area. New pagoda has monumental architecture but having traditional identity consistent with Vietnam today. Therefore, this place became a popular destination in Vietnam. New Bai Dinh pagoda is honored as the largest pagoda in Southeast Asia.
Ancient Bai Dinh Pagoda is far about 800 meters from Tam The temple alongside Dinh Mountain. This pagoda is located near the top of a quiet forest area, including Buddhist cave, the temple of God Cao Son, and the temple of Nguyen. The pagoda was recognized as historical-cultural of the nation. There are many architectural details and antiques marked of reign of Ly.
The new pagoda’s architecture highlights with large cubes marked architectural Vietnamese. The most difference in Bai Dinh Pagoda architectural is in dark roof of phoenix shape, it is not the same the pagoda in China. Especially, the detail also carries the famous traditional handicraft villages of Vietnam.
Bai Dinh Pagoda is a famous temple for its Asian and the region record. The records of Bai Dinh Pagoda are established:
- Gilt bronze statues of Asia’s largest: 100 ton statue in the French electricity Owner
- Largest bronze Buddha in Southeast Asian: 100 ton statue outside.
- The largest bell Vietnam: Great bell weighs 36 tons in the Bell Tower.
- Largest pagoda in Vietnam: total 539 ha (27 ha own ancient temples, pagodas new 80 hectares.
- Pagoda is the longest corridor Asian Horn: Horn corridor approximately 3 kilometers.
- Park has many statues Arhat Temple in Vietnam: 500 the blue stone about 2m high.
- Area wells jade pagoda in Vietnam.
- Area Bodhi temple of most Vietnam: 100 is extracted from the Bodhi Bodhi India
Entrance fee: Free